Monday, November 12, 2012

Southwestern Panko Chicken Salad




My husband and I eat steak tip salads all summer long but today I was thinking about a wonderful Cobb salad I had at Not Your Average Joe's this year.  I decided to try and replicate it but have added a few different ingredients that I enjoy in a salad.  It's topped with a creamy chipotle ranch dressing that I created years ago.   Here is my version.....


Boneless Breast of chicken coated and cooked in Panko Breadcrumbs, homemade creamy chipotle salad dressing and crunchy croutons top this delicious Southwestern Chicken salad. 






 

Salad Ingredients:  4 Servings


  • 3 Boneless Breasts of chicken
  • One cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
  • One Cup Sweet yellow corn, cooked and drained
  • 2 Whole Avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
  • 1 Whole Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Black olives, sliced
  • 1/2 Cup Black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 Hard Boiled eggs peeled and chopped
  • 1/3 Cup Red onions, diced
  • 4 Cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
  • 3 Boneless cooked boneless breasts of chicken
  • 2 Cups Croutons for topping
  • 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded, for sprinkling on top 

For Chicken: 

Flatten 3 boneless breasts of chicken with mallet to 1/2 " thick.

1. Coat in  flour.
2. Dip in lightly beaten eggs.
3. Cover both sides in panko crumbs. 
4.  Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown.
5.  Drain on paper towels.  
6.  Cut into bite sized pieces.


Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing:

  • 1/2 Cup Mayo
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
  • 2 tsp taco seasoning or chili spice mix   ( store bought or my recipe)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp chicken broth
  • 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 3 whole chipotle chile peppers, canned in adobo sauce ( small can found in the stores Mexican food section )

For dressing, in a medium sized bowl, combine the all ingredients and whisk until smooth.  Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.



Directions For Salad Assembly:

Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.  Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad, toss lightly.  Top with Chicken, Croutons, Monterey Jack Cheese and Creamy Salad Dressing.

Print Recipe



Every time I cook chicken I have to deal with my little buddy standing under my feet waiting  for a sample to come her way. Sometimes I just really need my space so I have to put her in another room.   Today I put her in the mud room. This is how she spent her time out....standing on a table watching me through the window.  I guess she wanted to make sure I saved her a piece of chicken, ( which of course I did).


No comments:

Post a Comment