Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Really easy, really fast and really tasty. This family favorite recipe came right off the box of Bisquick. My mom reminded me about it a couple of weeks ago, I can't believe I had forgotten. It goes great with baked potatoes, garden salad and the best part of all is that it only takes 40 minutes from start to finish. Can't beat that....
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Nutrition Info: 1 Serving, 325 Calories
1 lb Lean ( at least 80%) Ground Beef
1 Large Onion, Chopped ( 1 Cup)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese ( 4 Oz)
1/2 Cup Original Bisquick Mix
1 Cup Milk
1. Heat oven to 400 Degree. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally , until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Friday, March 27, 2015
This is a pretty simple and delicious way to cook stuffed peppers. I don't know about you but I love Crock-Pot cooking. I love coming home and having my entire house smell like I've been cooking all day. There are so many different ways to cook stuffed peppers. Some people cook the beef and rice ahead of time but I really think that the way you do it in this recipe is the best. Because they simmer in the sauce all day the peppers and the stuffing end up with the perfect texture and flavor. Just make sure to use instant rice with this recipe so you don't end up with crunchy rice..
Oh, and one more thing .... I never know what to serve as side dishes with stuffed peppers. You already have your meat, rice and vegetable but it just not enough to make a complete meal. Tonight I'm serving the peppers with a side salad, fresh rolls and spaghetti. Spaghetti is the perfect side dish because you have all that extra yummy sauce in the bottom of your Crock-Pot! Enjoy..
P.S. This time around I threw in some Dried Cranberries, just because I love them.
4 Large Bells peppers, ( Red, Orange, Yellow or Green)
1 Small Onion Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Finely chopped
28 Ounce Can of Ground Peeled Tomatoes
1 Cup of Water
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Lb Lean Ground Beef ( at least 90%)
3/4 Cups Instant Uncooked Rice
1/4 Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Slice the tops off of the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds. Set these aside.
2. In a medium size skillet, drizzle enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. heat to medium low and add diced onion and chopped garlic. Saute until onion is translucent being careful not to burn ( a few minutes ). Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add ground peeled tomatoes, cooked onions and garlic, tomato paste, fresh basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
4. Set two cups of this prepared sauce to the side.. pour the remainder of the sauce in the bottom of your 5-6 Quart Crock-Pot. Add one cup of water to the bottom of the Crock-Pot and stir until combined.
6. To the remaining 2 cups of sauce that you put to the side, add the ground beef, instant rice and Parmesan cheese. Mix with your hands until well incorporated.
7. Divide meat mixture evenly and stuff into each of the bell peppers.
8. Place each pepper in Crock-Pot and bake on high for 3- 4 hours or on Low for 5-6 Hours.