Monday, October 29, 2012

Sea Salt and Cinnamon Spiced Pumpkin Seeds


I have all these cute little glass baby food jars that are just begging to be recycled!  
I found several cute ideas online; filling them with candy, turning them into candles, turning them into snow globes etc........ Here is an idea I came up with


                               

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

  I made two batches.  The first batch was olive oil and sea salt, the second batch was olive oil, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice.  They both came out great!  One crunchy and salty and the other Sweet & Salty.

I used my glue gun to adhere the vintage cloth circle to the top of the lid, made labels on the computer and tied a ribbon around each jar.  Pretty simple!



Directions:

1 1/2 cups rinsed raw pumpkin seeds
2 tsp olive oil
Sea Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl, toss pumpkin seeds in the olive oil.  Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.  Sprinkle with sea salt and pumpkin pie spice or any other type of spice you want to use.  The choices are endless!
Bake for 10-15 minutes.  After about 7 minutes I checked the seeds and moved them around with a spatula.  Keep checking every few minutes until they look golden brown and crunchy!

Once the seeds have cooled, you're ready to fill up those jars!





After I scraped out the pumpkin seeds and cooked them, I roasted the rest of the pumpkin
for a couple of hours.  Once they were cooked and cooled I scooped out all the flesh and pureed it in my food processor.  This morning I made Pumpkin Gnocchi, using The Proud Italian Cook's recipe which we'll be eating tonight!





















No comments:

Post a Comment