Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mom's Swedish Apple Pie




I can’t begin tell you how many times my sisters and I have made my mom’s famous Swedish apple pie recipe. I’m not sure where it originated from but as far as I can remember, my mom has baked and served this wonderful pie for our family and many others. We have even substituted apples for blueberries and it’s just as delicious. It’s quick, simple and absolutely perfect!


 

 
  • FOR THE APPLES:
  • 4 whole Apples, Cored, Peeled And Sliced
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • FOR THE TOPPING:
  • 1-½ stick Butter, Melted
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 whole Egg Beaten
  • ½ cups Chopped Walnuts

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350ºF.
For the apples: Fill pie pan 2/3 full with peeled sliced apples. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
For the topping: In a small bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, flour, beaten egg and chopped nuts. Mix well and spread over the apples.
Bake for 45 minutes




If cooking with blueberries:
Spread one layer of blueberries evenly on the bottom of pie pan. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Top blueberries with the above topping recipe.  Increase baking time to 60 minutes.

                                                             Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment