Ingredients for Chili:
- 2 Tbs oil ( or enough to cover bottom of dutch oven.)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and Diced
- 1 tsp minced canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 14.5 Ounce Delmonte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes ( do not drain)
- 1 15 Ounce Contadina Tomato Sauce
- 1 15.5 Ounce Can Light Red Kidney Beans ( Drained and Rinsed)
- 2-3 TBS Sheilah's Mexican Spice Mix
1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream with 1 TBS of fresh squeezed lime juice. Mix well, set aside in refrigerator.
2. Shredded Monetary Jack Cheese or any Mexican style cheese.
- If you want your chili low to medium in heat, stick to 2 TBS of the spice mix and don't add the Chipotle in Adobo sauce.
- If you want to kick up the heat, use 3 TBS of the spice mix and make sure to add the Chipotle in Adobo sauce.
- Add oil to dutch oven, on medium heat, saute onion and jalapeno pepper until tender.
- Add ground Turkey or Beef and continue to saute until cooked.
- Add Diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Chipotle sauce, 2 Tbs of Spice mix , 1 tsp salt and drained kidney beans.
- Stir, cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
*To serve , top each bowl of chili with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of Lime Sour Cream.