Fall is one of my favorite times of year. The cool crisp change in the air, crunchy leaves on the ground and the anticipation of the holidays. This year I hosted a fall apple dipping extravaganza party. Each guest got to create their own scrumptious apple at the apple dipping station. Everyone had their own technique, some not as good as others, but each apple brought on laughter and smiles by all!
Apples, craft sticks, 1 lb blocks of caramel or 14 ounce bags of unwrapped caramels and lots of fun toppings!!
Toppings that we used:
Coconut, walnuts, chopped peanut butter cups, jimmies, chopped toffee bars and tiny nonpareils.
1. Fill the bottom pan of a double boiler halfway with water. Sit the top pan over water. Make sure it's not touching the water.
2. Heat water over medium-high heat. When water starts to boil, lower heat and simmer. Add caramels and two tablespoons of water to pan.
3. Stir the caramels as they begin to melt, stirring until smooth.
4. Transfer melted caramel into a deep bowl for dipping and let the fun begin!
5. Cover each apple completely in caramel, letting the extra caramel drip back into bowl.
6. Roll in your toppings.
7. Set on parchment paper until dry.