You could have never gotten me to eat something like Broccoli Rabe (also known as Rapini) when I was a kid. I wouldn't have even considered it; come to think of it... my mother wouldn't have even considered trying to make me eat it. I sure do love it now though. It starts out somewhat bitter, but after it cooks down it gives off a nice nutty flavor, plus is super healthy -packed with vitamins A, C, K, Potassium, Calcium and Iron. With winter heading our way, we can all use a good dose of that!
- In your dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil, sausage, onion and garlic until soft,about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe and greens.
- Cook until they begin to wilt.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the frozen ricotta cavatelle, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Continue to boil for 6 minutes. Turn off heat and serve with Cheese.
|Chop Broccoli Rabe, onion, garlic and slice sausage.|
|Saute for about 5 minutes.|
|Add chopped Broccoli Rabe|
|Cook until wilted|
|Add chicken stock, bring to a boil. |
Add two cups of Ricotta Cavatell and boil for 6 minutes.