Friday, January 18, 2013

Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing

Don't you get sick of those bottled salad dressings?  I know I do... Go to your fridge, grab a bottle and turn it around.  I dare you to... The list of ingredients is a mile long and you'll need to google search most of the words if you want to know what that are.  Xathan Gum? Phosphoric Acid? Dextrose? Citric Acid? Sodium Benzate? I could go on and on.....And the diet dressings??? FORGETABOUTIT.....
Sorry, but I don't think I need to put any of those strange chemicals ( or what ever they are) in my body especially when it only takes a few minutes to make my own dressing.
Here is a spicy chipotle recipe I came up with about 10 years ago after multiple experiments.  For me it had to have just the right amount of hotness, sweetness, saltiness and creaminess and this one does!
Hope you give it a try.
P.S..... if your not crazy about the hotness factor, start out with just one chipotle in adobo sauce and go from there.  Personally... I like it hot, the hotter the better!  





Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing:

  • 1/2 Cup Mayo
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
  • 2 tsp taco seasoning or chili spice mix   ( store bought or my recipe)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp chicken broth
  • 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 3 whole chipotle chile peppers, canned in adobo sauce ( small can found in the stores Mexican food section )
  • 1/4 tsp salt

For dressing, in a medium sized bowl, food processor, blender or Magic Bullet, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.  Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Print Here




All the ingredients you need .





Into my Magic Bullet.




Make some magic..



Looking Good!!!



Give it a taste... you're not going to believe how great it is...



Cool thing about the Magic Bullet... it comes with a lid so you just have to pop it into the refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment