Bacon and Tomato Meatloaf
One of my favorite go to meals is...meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas, I mean... who doesn't love that.. right??? Today I wanted to incorporate some of my favorite ingredients in my meatloaf which are bacon, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. Instead of wrapping raw bacon on the top like you see in most recipes, I pre-cooked it, chopped it up and mixed it inside. The outcome was amazing! Crunchy bacon, tangy bites of sun dried tomatoes and melted cheese in every bite.
Seriously... you've got to try this!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- ¼ cups Ketchup
- ¼ cups Heavy Cream ( Or Light)
- ⅓ cups Dry Stovetop Stuffing Mix
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 clove Garlic, Chopped
- ¼ cups Chef Blend Six Italian Cheese Mix (Shredded, Sargento)
- 5 pieces Bacon, Cooked And Chopped (5 Slices Should Equal 1/4 Cup When Chopped)
- ¼ cups Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef Or Ground Turkey Or Meatloaf Mix
Preparation InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl, add ketchup, cream, stuffing mix, egg, salt, garlic and cheese. Mix thoroughly. Add the bacon and tomatoes and stir. Add the meat and gently mix it into the rest of the ingredients with your fingertips. Do not over mix. Just mix until it’s lightly blended.
Spray a standard size loaf pan with cooking spray. Shape your meatloaf to fit into the loaf pan. Cook in a 350 F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.