Friday, December 21, 2012

Shortbread Cookie Men




Boxed cookie mixes sure have come a longgggggg way!  There's one particular brand that never lets me down.  It's Krusteaz.  It can be found in the baking section at your local market.  I love the Bakery Style Shortbread cookie mix.  It tastes exactly like homemade and all you do is add 1 1/2 sticks of butter!  My only problem is that every time I accidentally break of these guy, I feel I need to eat it to get rid of the evidence.  Sometimes I wonder if I might be breaking their little arms off on purpose??? My mom said not to worry... broken cookies, uneven brownies , misshaped cakes and extra frosting have to be taken care of, you have to get rid of the evidence.  I always listen to my mom, she knows best!

Oh well.... that's half the fun I guess!



Ingredients

  • 1 box (14 Oz. Size) Krusteaz Bakery Style Shortbread Cookie Mix
  • 1-½ stick Butter, Room Temperature
  • 1 bag (12 Oz. Size) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
  • 2 whole (1.4 Oz. Size) Heath Bars, Crushed

Preparation Instructions

For the cookies (recipe is on the side of the box):
Preheat oven to 350F. Place cookie mix and butter in a medium bowl, stir until dough forms (sometimes I use my hands for this). 


Place dough on lightly floured surface; roll to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into shapes. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Pierce dough with a fork. 


Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Makes 24 cookies, more or less.
Cool on cookie rack and prepare chocolate glaze. 


For the chocolate glaze:
Fill a double boiler with water but don’t allow the water in the bottom pan to touch the bottom of the top pan. Place the chocolate chips and oil into the top pan on the double boiler and heat over low heat. Stir the chocolate constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and place in a shallow bowl. 


To decorate the cookies:
After the cookies have cooled, dip the legs (or any other part) into the warm chocolate glaze. Quickly sprinkle the crushed Health bars while chocolate is still warm. Place them on a cookie sheet and let air dry for a couple of hours.
Store in an airtight container.
















No comments:

Post a Comment