- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla bean Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries ( I used frozen)
- Cooking spray for muffin tins
Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375 F.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternating 1/2 at a time, beat in the dry ingredients and yogurt until a smooth thick batter forms. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Use a large ice cream scoop to divide batter evenly among cups.
Bake until muffins are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve warm.
The Only Muffin Recipe You Might Ever Need