Friday, November 8, 2013

Blueberry Almond Buttermilk Muffins





 Every time I buy buttermilk I only end up using about 1/4 cup, then I'm  left with a giant bottle that sits in the refrigerator going to waste.  This morning I did a little internet surfing and came across this great looking blueberry buttermilk muffin recipe.  I slightly adapted it by adding slivered almonds ( because I think they go great with blueberries and I love a little crunch) and sugar crystals to the top.  Other than that, I followed it exactly as written.  I found it on food.com by Dorel.  
They came out amazing, crunchy on the top and tender in the middle.  Great with my morning coffee.  
Now what to do with the rest of the buttermilk??

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Eggs Beaten
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 Cup Oil
1 1/2 Cups Blueberries
1/2 Cups Slivered Almonds
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Sugar Crystals 
Directions:
1.  In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
2.  In a medium bowl whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil and vanilla. 
3.  Mix together wet and dry ingredients, stir until blended.
4.  Fold in blueberries and almonds.
5.  Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full, sprinkle with sugar crystals.
6.  Bake in greased muffin tins at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes. 

Print Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment